We invite interactive or immersive artwork submissions that explore and encourage playfulness. Playful media includes all objects, spaces, and technologies that create, invite, or facilitate a playful or immersive experience for its participants.
Submissions may include, but are not limited to electronic new media and emerging artworks such as installations, online works, animation, video, audio, performances, and screenings. We would like to encourage both established and early career artists to submit their work. The Homecoming centre has theatre facilities, so staged performance artworks may also be considered. Submit your CV/Portfolio (PDF or link) with a proposal which may include the following:
- Artist Bio
- Artwork proposals
- Images, sketches, drafts
- Technical and logistical requirements
- Links to video documentation online (if applicable)
Application documents should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st of August 2023.
Please note that artwork proposals do not need to be anonymized.
Artwork proposals will be juried by the curators of the festival and included based on these reviews, alongside the overall feasibility of the proposed work, and how they fit within Playtopia’s exhibition program. Rejected proposals may be considered to be accepted as artist talks.
- Artists, researchers and developers of any nationality can apply to participate in Playtopia 2023.
- Artists have to be available to install their artworks between the 4th-6th December and be available to break down their exhibitions after the festival (10th December).
Playtopia will offer the following
- Production budget: funding can be provided towards the creation and execution of the artwork
- Volunteer manpower: to assist with installation and dismantling the piece, and to oversee the exhibition during the run of the festival as per requirements of the artist.